I feel obligated to post this one.
Because tomorrow is my 21st birthday. And it was July 22, 2003 when I made my first post on this blog. I was 14 years old at the time and I might as well have been writing with a crayon.
(There's a reason I don't show my history anymore)

So yeah, man. Yeah.
I will be a real live adult.
Mom and dad - this one's for you. Thanks for raising me so wonderfully. I will always remember the birthdays you guys made special. Taking me and my obnoxious friends to Pizza Hut. Driving vans of young Power Ranger enthusiasts to the movies. And cooking breakfast after breakfast on mornings after sleepovers for adolescent boys who always ate more than I ever could.
I'll never forget those days.
(And I'll do my best to not forget this one tomorrow)

I'm 21 years of age soon.
Words aren't coming easily to me right now and I want to wrap this up before I get too old. So this is it. Next time you see me, I'll be refined with all the sophistication and wisdom of a real live adult. No more triteness. No more stupidity. No more childish games and nonsensical blog posts. I'll have an age to live up to. I'll have drinks to order. And I'm gonna be an all new Ryan.

...poop

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds