Ever since this semester started, I've been inundated with journalism classes.
I've had no choice but to embrace this journalistic side of my degree and throw myself out there. But I have to say, I miss the creative stuff. I miss writing poems for creative writing. I yearn to discuss contemporary essayists in class again. And when will I ever again get the chance to write legitimate papers in the voice of Blair Waldorf?

My requirement to write off-the-wall may be ending. But who says I can't make news fun? Heck, I've got news! I just haven't gotten to say it anywhere.

So I'll say it here.

- My Book Review -
Yesterday I finished reading Under the Dome. It was Stephen King's insanely good, insanely thick new book. Weighing lots and coming with 1070 pages, it was trees well wasted. I approve.

- My Sports Coverage -
There was a football game on the television at applebees. That's about all I know.

- My Music News -
Okay so I downloaded an entire Bob Dylan discography with all of his songs from the 1960s until today. I heard the new Joanna Newsom single and I really like it. The National announced their tour for the summer and their new LP. I've listened to (and own) the new albums by Spoon, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Los Campesinos, Beach House, Laura Veirs, Vampire Weekend, Hot Chip, and The Shout Out Louds. Yeasayer put out a video for their new single. And I now have 10,057 songs in my iTunes.

- My Headliner -
I've decided I must get an internship this summer. And a house. And my number one choice for an internship: Harpercollins Publishers

And I would keep doing this, but I don't like it anymore. It's dumb.
So that's all.
Besides the fact that I have a short attention span, I think I made my point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds