If you know me, you know that sports and I don't quite see eye to eye.
Usually, I'm the kid who gets excited for touchdowns during hockey games and finds more fascination with the crowds than with the games. That's just how I roll.
So tell me. Please. Why am I so concerned over the outcome of this world series?
Why did I just get made fun of for showing my enthusiasm over a Phillies home run?
Am I not allowed to suddenly follow baseball?

Well I've got news for the haters. Just because I watch a newsworthy baseball game every now in then doesn't mean I'm soon to be the fella high-fiving the buds over a beer and plasma screen television. I plead innocence lest I become a sports nut. Because heaven forbid. The day I take an interest in baseball will be the day sports dies.

(And the day I take an interest in football will be the moment Earth caves in on itself)

So let me say it. Let me hitch hike the bandwagon. Allow me to cheer on the Phillies.
My thumb is out.
I'm hopping on.

And there ain't nothin' you can do to stop me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds