I took a jog through the rain earlier. I didn't get tired, but my ankles made me stop and reconsider my life as a marathon runner.
They burned. They always burn. But tonight,
I heaved with insatiable pain and threw my feet down on the pavement like I had something to prove. Like I was big. Or something.
One after the other. Left foot. Right foot. Left. Right. Left. Splash.
Oh! But I was listening to Bubba Sparxxx. I could've run until the cow croaked.
I slipped over a pothole. I didn't tell you that.
I tripped over a rock.
I almost didn't make it up a curb.
Oh! And this car. It followed me. And I wondered how I looked. Were my arms too loose? How did my posture look? Would you say my shorts were too short?
...What about this stride??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds