My coffee got me thinking of something I was thinking as I was driving back down to school earlier this evening. And that's what's troubling me most - not the fact that coffee makes me think of random memories..that's besides the point...but I don't THINK I was even thinking the whole time in the car. But I had to be. Cause I was driving. And that requires thought. But there's not much recollection. So it's still there right? I imagine it would be. I was thinking of something. I had to be. I normally think of a lot. Let me get this right:

Okay. I had my seat leaned back G-style, one hand..and one hand only..propped 12:00 on the wheel. I was driving to Nelly. I wasn't reppin any shades and I kept my shoes on my feet. This was 3 minutes out of my driveway.

I hit the fast road a little too fast and..oh hot damn..my car went belly of the beast, put-put, push-push and produced a big, loud display of disgust at my abusive pedal foot. I pulled over to get it to shut up. 5 minutes out of the driveway. Eventually, it stopped because I stopped forcing it to be something it wasn't. Sparky's no hot machine. I've come to terms.

More. I ride in front of a devil in a silver..a silver...car. And I can feel its intense energy coming up and into the car from Sparky's exhaust hole and I start to feel all intense too. So I start going over to the right lane so this monster can find a new stallion to stick to and sure enough, it goes on over to the right to follow me more. So I'm thinking. And I'm thinking about what kind of demon it could be and why it doesn't just shoot on past and crash into a pole or something.
Then I felt bad for ever wishing it harm. Cause it's not realllly an evil creature, it's probably just Betty White. And I just wished it dead. What's wrong with me? So I slowed down more to get to the bottom of this because it...she...had to get sick of driving slow sometime. And eventually, she moved back over to the left and I got to steal a glance over and I was mystified because it wasn't a demon or Betty White. It was a normal human being.

Music was on. I forced myself through a Blink-182 song because I wanted to prove to myself that I could listen to any song on my ipod and not want to change it because if I did want to change it, then it shouldn't be on my ipod in the first place. Logical? yes. I knew I had thoughts.

One more. I sang along to a Good Charlotte song in 3 different high pitched, mocking voices for each part of the song. It made me feel like I was an oblivious character being filmed in an embarassing moment in his car. So I sang loud enough for the boom mic to capture every agonizing note. And prayed no midgets were hiding out in my backseat.

But progress on the one thing I wanted to really remember?
None.
I still don't remember, but I do remember it was something that I wanted to write.
And I've remembered that I was INDEED thinking the whole time I was driving, SO that mystery has been solved. That's good.
The rest? About as good as an ice-cream truck without wheels or popsicles.

Is my life over?

Basically.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds