If I can wake on time without an alarm clock
and cook myself lunch without cooking a hand,
do my homework with the diligence of a Japanese dishwasher
and listen to the music of reclusive bearded men living in cabins
(emerging more profound and spectacular than reborn Buddhist monks)
then something tells me
that maybe I'm....

Maybe I'm...okay
a little too structured.
Too structured in fact to ever let
an alarm rattle me up
with a kitchen flame a burning
and homework a singeing
and my hand lifted with a fire so spectacular and profound that it coincides with cooking crickets

But what it all comes down to is this

Since I've never enjoyed a screechy alarm
And I don't think I'll ever enjoy being caught amongst a flame
I'll probably just stay content in my cabin for now
Listen to the crickets
Cook my food and do my work
And wait for the day when I will emerge
More spectacular and more profound, laughing, and laughing and laughing from a crumpled structure that probably burned by my hand

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds